Unfortunately, not every veterinarian is up on the latest Feline or Canine Diabetes treatments, diets, and care. Worse, some of them seem to be actively opposed to hometesting blood glucose or low-carb diets.
To see whether your veterinarian is likely to be a good partner in the ongoing daily care of your diabetic cat or dog, you may want to ask a few questions.
These links include some good questions to ask your veterinarian:
- How to tell if you're working with a good vet for diabetes
- Questions when your pet is diagnosed with diabetes
- Questions for your vet after diagnosis
- Questions for a prospective vet
- Some more sample questions and good answers
- Good questions for any vet, with diabetes emphasis
- A discussion on this topic
- Questions for veterinarians about dental procedures