|R,Neutral by Pfizer Animal Health|
|Also known as||beef R, beef neutral|
|Action in cats||
|Action in dogs||
|Use and Handling|
|Shelf Life||24 months|
|When opened||28 days room temp.|
|In pen||28 days room temp.|
NOAH is the UK's veterinary medicines compendium. Their entry for Insuvet neutral describes it as U100 highly purified bovine neutral insulin injection BP (British Pharmacopia)presented in 10ml vials. Shelf life of Insuvet Neutral is 3 years.
Usage and handling
It is described as having a rapid onset and short activity duration.  Like all other R/neutral insulins, it has had nothing added to change its speed or length of activity. Since it is soluble, it is able to be administered intravenously, intramuscularly or subcutaneously.
Store the insulin at the insulin at 2C-8C. Do not freeze. Insulin should only be in use 28 days before replacement.
Comparable to CP Pharma's Hypurin Vet Neutral (veterinary use only) and Hypurin Bovine Neutral (approved for humans). It is available only in the UK. The insulin is also comparable to the former Lilly insulin, Iletin I R
Best Pet Pharmacy stocks this for sale in the UK.
- Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC) UK-Hypurin Bovine Neutral
- Photo of Insuvet Neutral vial and carton.
- NOAH Compendium-UK-Insuvet
- NOAH Compendium-UK-Insuvet-Uses
- Patient Information-Hypurin Bovine Neutral
- Prescribing Bovine Insulin
- NOAH Compendium-UK-Insuvet-Pharmaceutical Information
- NOAH Compendium-UK-Dosage & Administration
- Hypurin Bovine Neutral-Bovine Regular Insulin Remedyfind.com