Eli Lilly's brand name for the beef, beef/pork, and pork insulins it formerly produced. When the company began producing insulin in 1922, it called its insulin derived from bovine pancreas Iletin. Eli Lily announced the discontinuation of the last of its natural Iletin insulins in July 2005.
- Iletin Beef/Pork in R/Neutral, NPH/Isophane & Lente Types-Discontinued in 1999
- Iletin Carton-1922
- Iletin Vial & 2 Cartons-Left is U20, Right is U40 Insulin
- Closer View of 1923 Iletin Vial
- Iletin--1950 Medical Journal Ad--All Beef-U40 in Front-Likely U80 in Rear.
At the time, only R/Neutral, NPH/Isophane and Protamine Zinc/PZI types were marketed
- Lilly Discontinues Iletin II R & Iletin II N